History of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
The Purple Heart Medal was founded on the order issued by General George Washington in 1782. After the Revolutionary War, all records of the decoration were lost until shortly before the bicentennial of Washington's Birthday. At the direction of President Hoover, General Douglas MacArthur revived the Purple Heart decoration in 1932. to be awarded to combat-wounded war veterans.
Shortly after the award was re-instituted, a group of combat-wounded veterans in Connecticut formed the first chapter of the Military Order of the Purple Heart organization whose members were composed of veterans having received the Purple Heart Medal. The Military Order of the Purple Heart grew rapidly into a vital dynamic National organization and was Chartered by the United States Congress in 1958.
To enhance the quality of life of veterans who have gave themselves protecting our freedom and to give a extended hand to the thriving communities of Southeastern Wisconsin.
Since 1969 your charitable donations have supported Wisconsin Veterans with the following programs:
Rehabilitation Service News & Information
VA Medical Center at Tomah
Wisconsin Veterans Home at Union Grove
VA Stand Down
Peace Officer Awards Program